Buried in the Backyard (2018–…): Season 2, Episode 7 - Gone Girls - full transcript

When a man and his dog make a disturbing discovery in a backyard beach, a series of horrifying events unfold in a sleepy South Carolina town. Investigators fear no one is safe as they ...

In Folly Beach, South Carolina,

a magnificent day

turns frightfully dark.

Blonde hair
fell out of the bucket.

The upturned body

that was decomposed.

Is a vicious attacker
hiding in plain sight?

It was rope
she had been tied with.

He told us
that he was going to kill us

and nobody would hear us.

And will he be stopped

before he strikes again?

We realized we had a killer

and we would need to catch him
as soon as possible.

It was very unnerving
to even think

that he was still out there.

He said
that the girls were dead.

And this is probably
where they're buried.

The sleepy seaside town

of Folly Beach, South Carolina

is an ocean lover's paradise.

A sand-swept backyard

where people of all ages
come to play.

Folly Beach
is a very laidback,

very eclectic group of folks

who live there.
Always has been.

And it's a lot of fun.

Summer times,
if you didn't wanna go

to the beach, too bad.

We were going anyway.

It was an extension
of our backyard.

On a breezy spring day

before the summer crowds
fill these beaches,

a longtime local
is strolling these shores

when his dog
suddenly gets excited.

It was in a sand dune

about a hundred yards
from the actual houses,

on the beach.

The dog started digging
in the sand.

And something
that looked like blood

started coming up out
of the sand.

The man quickly
shoos his dog away

from the mess
and keeps walking.

he can't distance himself

from the haunting image,

especially in light
of the recent news

running rampant through town.

He knew
that young girls were missing

on Folly Beach,
because it was big news.

He got to thinking about it,

you know, here's all these
girls missing.

Could it be something else
other than a dead fish?

With a sinking feeling,

the man gets in touch
with his pal,

the city manager.

Just out of curiosity

and all this other stuff
going on now,

the city manager
just decided,

let's go find out.

In a strange stroke of luck,

there is help at the ready.

There was
a bulldozer there

that was working
on the beach.

We got the bulldozer
to go to that area

just to check it out

and start digging.

And about six passes
were made

and about six feet
into the sand

and nothing was found.

And the digging stopped.

We were getting ready to leave

when the operator
of the bulldozer said,

"Well, I'll make
one more pass."

When the pass was made
and he was lifting the bucket,

blonde hair
fell out of the bucket.

I was standing on the hill

on the sand dune
watching this

as the bulldozer
upturned this body.

There was rope,
some sort of ligature

on the body
that she had been tied with.

My first thoughts
were "My God."

The days are getting longer

and summer vacation
is just a few weeks away.

Best friends 13-year old
Alexis Latimer

and 14-year old Sherri Clark

who live just one town away
couldn't be more excited.

Alexis liked to play
in the ocean.

She liked sunbathing

as most teenagers do.

We had bought this house
in Folly Beach

and it was an old house

and we were painting.

Alexis asked
if she could ask Sherri

to go with us.

And so her parents agreed

for her to go out there
with us.

Alexis and Sherri were friends

because they lived
two streets over from us

when Sherri and I
were growing up.

One of the things
that Sherri and Alexis, um,

had in common together
was their love of the beach.

On this beautiful
May afternoon,

the girls decide to wander down
to the dunes

behind the house.

They said they're gonna be

a few more minutes,
probably 30 more minutes

to clean up
before we have to go back home.

I've always had
this picture of Alexis

as she left,
she had on an orange shirt,

she had on white shorts

and she just walked out
of the house

and it's "Bye, mom."

I said, "Not long, now.
Be back."

Thirty minutes later,

the Latimers are ready
to hit the road.

But there's no sign
of the girls.

They weren't back
and we were ready to go.

We sent her brothers
to see if they can find them.

And so they would look
and they didn't see 'em.

And at this point,
we began to get panicky.

And I said, "I don't know
where they are

and we don't know
where Sherri is.

Maybe we better call her dad."

My dad went down
to join the Latimers

on the beach
to look for the girls,

to see what in the world,
you know, could've happened

or where they might be.

After a few frantic hours

of fruitless searching,

the families are worried enough

to call the tiny Folly Beach
Police Department.

Chief Bunch said,
"Don't worry about it.

There's nothing wrong.

They probably met up
with some boys."

Which we knew
absolutely was not true.

The girls did not date.

There hadn't been
anybody out there

for them to meet up with

and they were
responsible girls.

That just wasn't something

that Sherri would have done.

Sherri was always trying
to do the right thing

and never tried
to disobey my parents.

Always just trying
to be that responsible child.

The two teens
have seemingly vanished

into the salty sea air.

And while the families
are beside themselves,

the tiny Folly Beach
Police Department

can only do so much.

Folly Beach had
a very small police department

that wasn't truly investigative
at the time.

Mostly handled bar fights,

speeding problems,
surfing problems,

things like that.

The police had a rule

that they couldn't do anything

about somebody missing

for about two weeks.

And no matter
how much we begged,

and pleaded,

and tried to convince them

to please search, please look,

help us find our daughters,

they didn't try.

We, of course,
were very upset.

Sherri's parents
were very upset.

The girls were
immediately labeled as runaways

as was fashion then,
but my parents, you know,

as well as the Latimers knew
that that wasn't,

um, the way their daughters--

or Sherri would have behaved.

I think the family
was frustrated and alarmed

but at this point,
we had no leads

on where the girls
may have gone.

Alexis and Sherri
are both pretty,

smart, and talented.

Their future is as bright
as the South Carolina sun.

Alexis loved to read.

She did quite well in school.

She loved to write.

She would write poetry.

She would imagine stories.

Sherri was a baton twirler.

She also played the clarinet.

Alexis had worn braces
for two years.

And she was supposed
to get those braces off

and that child
was so looking forward

to doing that.

I looked up to Sherri.

I always wanted to do things
that she did.

I always wanted to be like her

because she was my cool
big sister.

They were looking forward
to going to high school.

Nothing, nowhere
did it indicate

that these girls
had run away.

After two
impossibly long weeks,

the Latimers and Clarks
are distraught

and local
and county investigators

finally start looking
into the case.

Police covered the basic steps

about contacting
the girls' friends

and talked to neighbors
around the area.

And they put out
a missing-persons report

and a be-on-the-lookout-for.

the police decided

they would be interested in it

but of course, by that time,

there was no clue.

We contacted
our juvenile section.

We researched
the incident reports

that happened in the area

around that particular time.

And we were canvassing the area

but there was nothing.

We didn't have any leads
to follow up on

and so it was
sort of dead in the water.

There's nothing we could do
at that point.

Weeks turn to months.

Mary Latimer
feels utterly helpless.

There's that prayer,

"God, let me know
what happened."

As long as we didn't know
they were dead,

we had to try to find
where they were.

We had to keep searching.

We would have done anything
to find the girls.

And when I read about
the psychic in Holland,

I thought maybe
he has an answer for us.

It was a desperate try
but I wanted to believe

somebody could tell me

And he did.

I really didn't know
that we would make it

out of there alive.

It's something I live with

every day of my life.

Based on her observing
the sketch in the paper,

she said she recognized him.

We were frightened
for our children.

It's been four months
since best friends

Alexis Latimer
and Sherri Clark vanished

from the beautiful
South Carolina shore

of Folly Beach.

Desperate for answers,

Alexis's mom Mary

is willing to go to any length

to bring the girls home.

When I read about this man,

this psychic in Holland,

I thought maybe
he has an answer for us.

Mary pens a letter
to the famed Dutch psychic.

I didn't tell him anything.

I just told him
my daughter was missing

and I needed to know
what happened to her.

The despondent mother
waits on pins and needles.

Will the psychic live up
to his renowned reputation?

He sent me back
a map of Folly Beach.

The map was quite accurate.

That had the coastguard station

and it has some other things
that were details

that he would not have known.

He had not ever been
to Folly Beach,

not to South Carolina
or the United States.

Mary hangs
on the psychic's every word,

for a glimmer of hope.

I wanted to believe

somebody could tell me

And he did.

He said
that the girls were dead.

And this is probably
where they're buried.

I was devastated
to see the map

and for him to tell me
that they were dead.

Just a lot of agony.

The psychic is adamant

the girls are buried
on the north side

of the island.

The police
looked at the map

and they had actually decided

to contact the Air Force

and have them send up

some reconnaissance planes.

There is a way to tell,
by flashing a red light

or something,
if there's a body

in the ground somewhere
and so they had decided

to do that.

The Air Force flew over

and photographed and scanned.

Nothing came up.

And so they were still
was just missing girls

and no-- no leads
of any sort.

You're at the end
of your rope.

We had to know
what happened to Alexis.

She was my missing daughter.

And I needed a resolution.

I needed confirmation
that she is alive or dead.

My parents
always maintained hope

but it was tough.

It kept going on
and on and on.

And so my parents
tried to keep things

as normal
as they possibly could.

I heard my mom say more
than one time that, you know,

"I still have a daughter.

I still have a husband.

And we still have
to keep things

as normal
as it could possibly be."

It's been nine months

since anyone
has last seen the girls

when police answer
an alarming call

on Valentine's night.

A teenage girl
was in the grocery store

and was walking home
and she took a dirt road

to a wooded area

when a man accosted her
with a gun.

He threatened to kill her
if she didn't cooperate.

He tied a rope
around her neck

and tied it to a tree limb.

She was in shorts
and he tore 'em up

and he tied her hands up,
with those ligatures.

He didn't rape her
but he was fondling her,

touching her.

She was struggling
and I don't think

there would've been any chance
of him letting her go.

He was gonna carry through
with strangling her

and hanging her
from the tree there.

That's when he heard a noise.

Someone else was coming
through the woods

and the man heard
the individual coming

and took off and ran.

It was no doubt

if it hadn't been
for the noise he heard,

he would've killed her.


Though terrified,
the girl is able

to describe her attacker.

She described him
as a white male, dark hair,

with a little bit
of a hair growth on his face,

Italian looking,
probably in his mid-20s,

early 30s.

The clock is ticking
and there's no telling

who might fall prey next.

After that,
there was a report of a man

with a beard
who had been sitting in a car

and exposing himself
to young girls.

And they had gotten a partial
license plate

and we were able
to track that down

and identify the individual.

He fit the description.

So we thought,

well, maybe we have a suspect.

The man denies kidnapping

or threatening anyone.

But investigators suspect
the terrorized girl

will pick him out
of a lineup.

She was scared
and traumatized

with what had happened to her.

The girl
takes one look at the lineup

and reacts immediately.

She says,
"Absolutely not.

He's not in there."
Just that quickly.

I said,
"Take a good look again.

You know, look again."

"He's not in there.

It's not him."

We thought
we had the right guy

but, turns out we didn't.

The sleepy surf town
is beside itself.

It's been nine months
since two beloved friends

went missing, and now another
has been assaulted

in the woods.

Is someone making
this beautiful beach town

a hunting ground
for young girls?

We were definitely scared

for our children.

There's nothing worse
than parental fear.

The fear of the loss of a child

is horrendous.

And that's what the community
was suffering.

The pristine
community is still reeling

when the unfathomable happens.

There was a report
that the police chief's daughter

had been missing.

Now we had three missing girls,

and somebody
was taking them.


We had no idea.

A wave of terror

is washing over
the seaside town

of Folly Beach, South Carolina.

In the agonizing months

since Alexis
and Sherri vanished,

no one is safe.

Not even
the police chief's daughter.

The last time
Earline Bunch was seen

was sitting on a bench,

just next door
to the police department.

She also lived
on that street.

Chief Bunch
saw her walking home

but she sure didn't
show up at home

and the next day,
still no trace of her.

Like Alexis Latimer
and Sherri Clark,

16-year-old Earline Bunch
is a responsible girl

from a good family.

It simply isn't in her nature
to run away.

We felt vulnerable
after the first two,

now a child that we knew,

including myself,
I knew Earline personally.

I was a police officer.

And she was truly missing.

When Earline Bunch
went missing,

I am convinced
that they became more concerned

about what happened
to Sherri and Alexis.

The missing-persons
report went out

and they were broadcasting
the be-on-the-lookout

for, individuals
over the radio.

We felt pretty sure

that something drastic
had happened,

but there's no leads.

People were speculating
that if you have one girl

gone missing,
could it possibly be related

to other girls
going missing?

If the police chief's
daughter can go missing,

who might be next?

With the whole town
now on high alert,

whispers of a madman
in their midst

infiltrate their quiet streets.

You knew your neighbor
for 20 years.

I know what church
he went to.

You knew his children.

You know, so you never
suspected your neighbor.

The silence
of any information

about the girls is deafening.

Then, several weeks later,

on a gorgeous spring afternoon,

the nightmare
gripping this seaside town

takes another dark turn.

It was Good Friday

and we had the day off
from school.

Myself and my best friend Nancy,

and then another friend of ours,

the three of us decided
to go to the beach that day.

And I remember
I had just bent down

and picked up my first
whole sand dollar

I'd ever found in my life.

And when I looked up,

that's when we saw this man
standing there,

um, with this towel

over his hand

with a gun showing.

He said, "I want y'all
to come with me right now.

I've already killed three people
and I won't hesitate

to blow your sh-- away."

And at 16, we were

very innocent girls back then.

And so we just kind of
started walking

and I just remember
that sand dollar

just crumbled in my hand.

So, he walked us up
to where the beach houses were.

And when we got there,

we walked around into
what would have been considered

underneath the house
that was up on stilts.

I started talking

and I told him
that he could take my car.

I got the keys,

and that's when he just said,
"Shut up.

Just shut up."

He made us lie down

and he tied our hands
behind our back,

tied string from our hands
down to our feet,

tied our feet together.

And he put a gag
in all of our mouths.

He did put the gun down.

I looked at it
and it didn't really

register with me at the time

that it was a toy gun.

He told us
that he was going to kill us

and if-- nobody would hear us

because the beach was pretty
much deserted that day.

I really didn't know
that we would make it

out of there alive.

I remember thinking,
I just bought

my junior-senior prom dress

and I was never gonna be able
to wear that.

But then
we couldn't believe

a patrol car was pulling up,

and he just said, "Lay here
and be quiet and still

or I'll shoot you."

So he left.

The girls
are paralyzed by fear

but desperate
to free themselves.

Donna peeks through a crack
in the stairs

and sees an impossible stroke
of good fortune.

I could see
a police officer walk by

and I knew that this was
the only chance we had,

this was our shot.

I pushed the gag
out of my mouth with my tongue.

That's when we started

"Help, help, help."

The horror of what
the three girls went through

is something
you couldn't imagine.

A cloud of darkness
looms over the seaside town

of Folly Beach, South Carolina.

Three girls have vanished
and another has been attacked.

Now a trio of teens
has fallen prey

to a depraved abductor's
twisted game.

I pushed the gag
out of my mouth with my tongue

and that's when we started

The police officer
had gone out to the beach

to check on some surfers.

The girls started screaming
and he could pinpoint exactly

where they was at.

They were bound
with cloth and it looked to me

like a thin bedspread

that had been cut up
into strips

and that was tied
around their hands and feet.

Once we were untied,
we felt extremely relieved,

just in shock

and couldn't believe
that that had happened to us.

We were just hugging each other

but the age of innocence
was gone.

He took that from me.

Despite being traumatized,

the teens manage to give
a detailed description

of their attacker
to a sketch artist.

He wasn't
a bad-looking man,

he had a beard,
and a mustache,

and dark hair,
looked Italian.

He had just
these piercing eyes, just--

I'll never forget his eyes,

they were just--

there's nothing there.

They were just so cold.

One of the girls also said

he had a scar on the inside
of his right ankle.

The description
gives even the most

seasoned investigators chills.

The girl
that was hung by the tree

gave us a description

and it matched
the same description

of these girls
underneath the porch.

White male, dark hair,
dark eyes,


And so we were sure
at that point

that that was the guy.

And it's most
likely the same guy

behind the disappearance
of Alexis Latimer

and Sherri Clark, too.

We continually
checked in with them.

It was a scary time,

and not knowing is
the worst thing in the world.

We were looking
for somebody

who was very disturbed
and very dangerous.

We had officers
go door-to-door,

canvassing the area,

and showing them
the composite,

asking questions,

had they seen anything,
and so forth.

In addition, we gave a copy
of the composite

to the newspaper,
and they published it.

The sense of urgency
to find the dangerous predator

before he strikes again

is palpable in the small town.

It was just unbelievable
for everybody

in this area, you know,
to imagine.

My gosh,
there's a predator out there.

Just four days later,
the town's terror ignites

when detectives are called
to the dunes

to investigate
a frightening scene.

The bulldozer
upturned this body.

It was still
partially buried

and there's enough
that you could see

that it was a human body.

And they started photographing
and everything else

and uncovered
the rest of it,

and realized
that it was a female.

The feet were tied together

just like the three girls
underneath the beach house,

and the girl tied up
at the tree.

Alexis Latimer,
Sherri Clark,

and Earline Bunch
have all disappeared

from Folly Beach
in the last year.

Now three families wonder
if this is their girl.

The body was identified
as the 16-year-old

Earline Bunch,

which was proved conclusive

through dental records.

I knew it was Earline
when blonde hair

fell out of the bucket,

since I knew her personally.

I knew we had
discovered her.

I've got chills also.

You wouldn't think
40 years later I'd get chills.

It was unbelievable.

My parents
were thinking

that there must be
some type of connection

to Sherri and Alexis
going missing.

They were hoping that they
would get some answers.

Not knowing as a parent
where my child is,

not knowing what's happened
to my child,

that was hell on earth.

The point when
Earline Bunch's body was found,

the concern was that
the Latimer and Clark girl,

who were still listed
as missing,

they may have been
murdered as well.

We didn't think
about serial killers

in those days,
with that terminology,

we just knew we had someone

who probably murdered
three girls.

Fear is pulsing
through this town

as state and local police
launch a full-scale manhunt

for their suspect.

We realized we had a killer

and we need to catch him
as soon as possible.

In the following days,

detectives field
endless tips and calls.

Most are from frantic folks
in town,

but one
is from the naval police

in neighboring Charleston.

This woman called
the Navy Base Police,

and based on her observing
the sketch in the paper,

she said she recognized him
and she said,

"This guy attacked me

and now he's attacking
other people."

A serial killer
is likely lurking

in the community
of Folly Beach.

And a 20-year-old
terrified woman

has just come forward
claiming to know who he is.

She had seen
the composite in the paper

and said,
"I know who that is."

She said,
"This guy attacked me

and now he's attacking
other people."

She was
at the Enlisted Men's Club

on the Charleston Naval Base

and she observed
the individual in the club

and immediately
recognized him

as the man
who had accosted her

at gunpoint
some months before

and tied her up
at a vacant beach house,

but had let her go.

Because she'd been drinking,

she did not report
the crime at that time.

When authorities
are directed to the man,

they recognize him immediately.

The suspect
was Richard Valenti,

a 31-year-old petty officer
in the U.S. Navy.

Police went over
to the navy base

and they found inside
Valenti's locker

various magazines and books
about bondage.

So, he's into bondage,
he fits the description,

he was in all likelihood
the man we were looking for.

We found out his address
was on Folly Beach.

Valenti lived less than a block
from the vacant beach house

where the woman
had been tied up

and also that same beach house

where the girls
were tied up underneath it.

Based on all that information,

arrest warrants were obtained
for Valenti.

Police stealthily
make their way up

to the cottage Valenti shares
with his wife and children.

I was assigned to go
to the front door

and before I could even
get to the door

as I was coming up the steps,

he was walking out
of the front door.

He fit the description
that the girls had given.

There's also the scar
on his ankle,

but he had obviously
shaved his beard off.

When we took him into custody,
he was subdued and calm,

and didn't show any emotion.

In the house,
we found a toy pistol.

We also found portions
of a bedspread

that had been torn up
and matched the ligatures

from the other victims.

Several days
after he was arrested,

there was a lineup done
at the Charleston County Jail.

It was unnerving

because we were afraid,
you know, is he gonna see us?

And they assured us
that he would not.

It was very easy
to pick him out.

I could recognize him anywhere.

I will never forget his eyes.

There was nothing
behind them.

He's soulless,
but they were piercing eyes.

I'll never forget that.

Detectives look straight

into those soulless eyes,
wondering what,

if anything,
Valenti will divulge.

He readily confessed.

This guy was ready to talk.

Valenti calmly describes

the appalling abduction

and death of Earline Bunch.

He forced her
to accompany him

to that same
vacant beach house.

At that point,
he hogtied her.

He used the rope and tied
her hands behind her back,

and then tied the rope
around her neck,

and slowly but surely
choked her to death.

And then buried her
in Folly Beach

in a sand dune not very far
from that location

where the crime
was committed.

He talked about it
so easily

and so detailed.

And I never saw
any kind of guilt,

no kind of remorse,
no nothing with him.

If let's just say
my daughter had been Earline,

I'd probably try
to kill him.

Without the bodies
of Alexis and Sherri,

and nothing to link Valenti
to their disappearance,

detectives desperately
need his confession.

But will he continue to talk?

After a while,
he confessed

he kidnapped at gunpoint
the Latimer and Clark girl

who were on the beach
at the time.

He took them to that
same vacant beach house.

And in the shower area,

he tied them up
using those strips of cloth

from that torn-up bedspread

and put the rope
around their neck.

And then tied the rope
to the pipes

and placed them on a chair.

And he claims
that they struggled

and tipped the chair over

and were left dangling there
until they died.

After two
chilling confessions,

Valenti isn't done talking.

Valenti said
that he been fantasizing

about tying up women and girls

since he was a young child,

since about the age of six.

It had been
a reoccurring fantasy with him.

His wife also said
she was upset

about his,
weird sexual fantasies

in wanting to do bondage
on her.

Valenti is charged
with the kidnapping and murders

of three teenage girls.

Now, just one
troubling question remains.

Where are the bodies
of Alexis Latimer

and Sherri Clark?

I can accept anything.

I can accept what's happened.

I know I have to.

But please let me know
what happened.

In a stunning confession,

31-year-old married sailor
and father,

Richard Valenti,
has just copped

to the atrocious murders
of three teenage girls.

Will the whereabouts
of Alexis Latimer

and Sherri Clark
remain a deadly secret?

Or will Valenti confess all?

He started talking.

He said he took the two girls
out behind the house

and buried them
in the backyard.

The self-proclaimed
serial killer

is taken back
to the vacant house

where he killed
his innocent victims.

He pointed out, "This is
where I did all of this

and this is where
I tied them up,

and where I hung them."

After almost a year,

Valenti casually reveals
where he buried the bodies

of the two best friends.

He said,
"That's where I put them.

That's where I buried them."

The scene goes eerily quiet

as the bodies of the two girls
are finally unearthed

in the backyard
of a beach cottage.

They were in a shallow grave

and they were lying
side by side.

And they,
were still clothed

and the ligatures
were still around their neck.

And they matched
the ligatures

that were on the pipes
inside the shower.

Body facing me
had braces on.

Those braces
are burned into my mind.


The next day,
the coroner positively

identifies Alexis Latimer
and Sherri Clark.

And two heartbroken families
finally get the dreaded news.

Finding their bodies,

knowing that during
all this time

they were not suffering,

they had gone through hell
before that on the days,

I don't know how many days.

I-- I don't even like to think
about what they went through.

That was the time that my mind
was given some relief

from what was going on.

My mom
was extremely upset,

my dad was extremely upset.

There was no more hope.

But at least
it was an answer.

And they were able to put
closure to the situation.

And, um, you know,
have a funeral,

put my sister to rest.


But-- and it gave them
a chance

to say goodbye to her.

And we could start--
start our new lives.

The new normal.

In June of 1974,

Richard Valenti stands trial
for the murders

of Alexis Latimer
and Sherri Clark.

Reliving the horror
is almost too much

for the girls' families
to bear.

As far as the trial,
I didn't think

I could be in the room
with Richard Valenti.

I didn't trust myself
not to attack him.

The trial lasts four days.

And the jury deliberates
for not even an hour

before coming back
with a verdict.

The jury decided
he was guilty

of first-degree murder.

Richard Valenti
is never brought to trial

for the murder
of Earline Bunch.

To lose a child,

there's never
total closure over it.

And when you don't go
to trial,

it's even worse.

I mean,
there's some healing

when you get a trial
and a conviction.

But when there's nothing,

there's not even
a start of healing.

And shockingly,
he's up for parole

every two years.

He punishes us
by asking for parole.

He causes our family to go
through a lot of agony,

a lot of sleepless nights.

A lot of reliving this.

We were very,
very blessed

in being able to escape.

They were not.

They no longer have a voice.

It's something I live
with every-- I'm sorry,

every day of my life.

Two best friends
who died together

in their backyard beach
they loved

more than life itself.

They wanted
to walk on the beach,

spend time together,
and unfortunately,

you know, that was where
they lost their lives.

They both
had futures planned.

It was sad because that day,

they probably
were having a good time

talking about
what the summer might bring

and all of the things
that they looked forward to.

That was probably
some of the things

they thought of
on that last day.

For more information
about Buried in the Backyard,